Thanks for watching this segment! Here’s a recap of how to dye Easter eggs with natural dye:
- Use 1 cup chopped vegetables to 3 cups water. I used beets, purple cabbage, onion, and 1.5 tsp turmeric. You could also try carrots, saffron, coffee, spinach, yellow beets, etc.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain vegetables and pour dye into a plastic container.
- Add 1 tsp or capful of white vinegar. This will help the color adhere to the egg.
- Add rubber bands (be gentle) for some nice lines and abstract patterns.
- Soak hardboiled eggs for at least six hours; eggs will get darker over time. Check them progressively and take them out when they are a color you like.
If you liked this, please check out some of my other writing.